Tuesday, July 6, 2010

California Dreamin'

To celebrate Russ' graduation and our 'new' life, but really just because.... Russ, Josie and I spent the fourth of July weekend in California. We stayed in hotel next to LAX, it was a very nice hotel but maybe not the best location, we'll have to stay closer to the beach next time. The weather was a little colder than we had anticipated but the 70 degree temp was a nice relief from the Las Vegas heat. We walked down the Hollywood walk of fame, explored Chinatown (where I payed to use the most disgusting bathroom I've ever seen), drove around Beverly Hills, went to 2 different beaches, and enjoyed the 4th of July festivities at the Longbeach Pier. We had a great time!In front of the Hollywood sign. (It's next to my head.)


The Beverly Hills Diner


Los Angeles Temple


Josie loved the hotel and was super hyper when we first got there.


We took this especially for Nicole.


Josie overindulged a bit while on this trip.


Huntington Beach


Longbeach Pier, in front of the Queen Mary.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Fun! Huntington beach is one of my favorites. It was definitely chilly over the 4th of July weekend which was a little bizarre. Jessica Hintz from high school was down here too for the 4th. When I was pregnant I had to pay to use a restroom down in Hollywood too cuz I could NOT wait til we got back home. I hope to never have to do that again either!

Unknown said...

I'm a little jealous that you guys had such a fun 4th. I'd love to go to California for a few days. Josie is already looking older then the last time I saw her. So weird.

Unknown said...

It looks like you guys had a great time in Cali, we are off in 2 days. Hope you a livin it up in LV