Monday, August 31, 2009

Josie's Birthday Party

We celebrated Josie's 1st birthday this last Saturday. Why a week before her birthday you ask? Because Russ and I will not be with on her on her actual birthday, we will be in New York. I'm a horrible mother I know, believe me, I've stressed about this a lot. Anyway, for her party we went to the park and had pizza, cake and ice cream. Josie got some great gifts. Russ and I got her a telephone that makes a lot of noise, which I am now regretting. After opening presents, I stripped her down to her diaper so she could attack her birthday cake. She did quite the opposite. She was not interested in the cake at all. She obviously doesn't take after her mother.


Josie has been changing a lot this last month. She is waving all the time, she says 'hi dad', she gives kisses and as of Friday, she walks! She is getting more and more fun all the time. I'm convinced that she's the best baby ever, but I may be a little biased.

4 comments:

Marisa said...

Looking at those pictures makes me think I remember your first birthday... but I'm not that much older than you, so I must have been really young. I think there were pastel flowers on a small white cake and you took them off carefully with your finger and licked it? Someone help me out, is this a real memory?

Unknown said...

Happy birthday Josie. She's such a doll and I can't believe it's already been a year!!! I wouldn't stress too much over missing her real birthday. Just enjoy the freedom!!!!!

quilter said...

The picture of Josi with he mouth wide open sure sooks like her Dad. She is a very good girl and I am not kidding.

Britt said...

Noelle, you are such a fun mom. Josie is lucky.